The Bachelor of Arts/Master of Public Administration Accelerated Program is designed for exceptional students who wish to earn both the BA and MPA in five years of study. Both Political Science and Public Affairs and Administration majors are eligible for the accelerated program. Although the program is open to all OU students who qualify, National Merit Scholars are the ideal candidates for a five-year accelerated BA/MPA program.
1. Students are expected to apply to the BA/MPA accelerated program no later than the first semester of their junior year. Prospective students who do not meet the application deadline will be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.
2. Students must have a minimum 3.50 overall undergraduate GPA for admission.
3. Once admitted, students must maintain a minimum 3.0 graduate GPA and overall 3.0 GPA.
4. Students are not expected to submit GRE scores as a requirement admission to the program since undergraduate credit fulfillment at the University of Oklahoma will provide information sufficient to judge aptitude and preparation for the MPA program.
5. Students who are not able to successfully complete the accelerated degree program must submit a request for an extension detailing the unusual circumstances justifying the delay in degree completion.
A complete application includes:
- Application Form
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose (1-2 pages)
- Official or Unofficial OU Transcript
- No GRE required
- Students must have a minimum 3.5 overall GPA for admission
- Students are expected to apply to the BA/MPA accelerated program no later than the first semester of their junior year, although application by the second semester of the sophomore year is preferred
Fall: April 15 | Spring: October 15
The Department of Political Science
455 W. Lindsey St., DAHT, Rm. 205
Norman, OK 73019